Want a super easy recipe that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner, makes great leftovers and requires only four ingredients?? You’ve come to the right place! This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Recipe is one of the most requested by my family and my kids’ friends whenever they come over.Jump to Recipe
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve served this for birthday parties, sleepovers, tailgates, potlucks, school functions, neighborhood dinners, and sympathy meals. I’m not kidding when I say everyone loves this – it really is such a crowd pleaser – and it couldn’t be more simple. Thanks to the quick cooking of the Instant Pot and the fact that this has so few ingredients, you need to add this recipe to your rotation! I usually keep all of these ingredients on hand so that I can whip this up quickly and with short notice. This is a great recipe to double as well – leftovers are easily re-heated.
I have used both an Instant Pot and a Slow Cooker for the recipe and both work equally as well (my recipe has instructions for both versions).
For reference, here are the Instant Pot and Slow Cooker that I have:
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 3-4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 oz Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce – Buffalo flavor
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing Mix
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- Place chicken breasts in Instant Pot and pour one bottle of wing sauce over chicken. Seal lid and turn on high pressure, cook for 12 minutes.
- Release pressure manually. Shred chicken directly in pot.
- Add ranch dressing mix and cream cheese. Stir to combine and melt cheese. Serve!
For a Slow-Cooker/Crock Pot:
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and pour one bottle of wing sauce over chicken. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- When cooked through, shred chicken directly in pot.
- Add ranch dressing mix and cream cheese. Stir to combine. Serve!
Thanks for visiting! Hope you get a chance to try this buffalo chicken recipe – you won’t be disappointed! And if you can’t tell already, I really love my Instant Pot. For other Instant Pot recipes, check out these posts: