This berry cobbler with crumble topping is perfect for serving at a buffet style BBQ. The mini cast iron skillets are cute and fun for each guest to take their own and there are so many things you can make in them!
Pro-tip: put a sprig of mint on top of each one to make it look extra yummy!
The whole spread of food for this Hot Dog BBQ themed party.
Each place setting is so cute with all the mini serving dishes! Plus it’s fun to have your own!
Use this for any berry or apple cobbler or crumble. This quantity is made for 6 mini (4") cast iron skillets.
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t salt
- 6 T cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 c fresh blueberries or blackberries
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 T arrowroot starch
- 1 t fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 t salt
- Grease six mini cast iron skillets. For the crumble topping, whisk together oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until large crumbs form. Keep chilled while preparing filling.
- For the filling, whisk together sugar, arrowroot starch, and salt in a medium bowl. Add blueberries and lemon juice; toss to combine. Divide filling evenly among skillets (about 1/2 cup per skillet) and sprinkle with chilled topping, pressing gently to adhere. Chill assembled crumbles for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator, or up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake crumbles for 30-35 minutes, until filling is bubbling and topping is golden brown. Cool for at least 30 minutes.