This 4 bean hot salad is a family favorite of ours and is so easy to make! Bonus – you can even make this the day before and reheat before the BBQ so you have less to do the day you are hosting.
The whole spread for this Spiralized Hot Dog BBQ party.
This menu is sure to please everyone – so good! And not to mention, the “mini” servings of the sides make it fun and cute!
4 Bean Hot Salad
A great BBQ side dish - can be made a day ahead.
- 6 strips bacon, cut into 2" pieces
- 15 oz can cut green beans, drained
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained
- 15 oz can pork & beans, undrained
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3/4 12 oz jar Heinz Chili Sauce
- 3/4 c brown sugar, packed
Using a large dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until opaque, but soft
Add green pepper, cook 3 minutes more
Add all 4 cans of beans, stir
Add chili sauce
Add brown sugar
Turn heat down, simmer uncovered for 30-40 minutes