I fresh green salad adds a lot of color to any table setting and is a staple for any gathering! This Kale, Pomegranate and Parmesan Salad with Champagne Dijon Vinaigrette is a simple and tasty option for an al fresco dinner party!
An easy, make ahead option that is best dressed 30 minutes prior to eating. This allows the kale leaves to soften a bit.
Kale, Pomegranate and Parmesan Salad with Champagne Dijon Vinaigrette
- 2 bunches kale, washed, spine removed and cut into thin ribbons
- 1/2 c pomegranate seeds
- 2 T toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 c shaved aged parmesan
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 1 T champagne vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 T honey
- 1 T lemon juice
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/4 c olive oil
- Place kale in large serving bowl, add pomegranate seeds.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together except oil. Then slowly add in oil until blended.
- Add dressing to salad and massage with hands. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- Top with almonds and parmesan shavings. Give one last toss before serving.