Roasted balsamic beef tenderloin is the perfect dish for an al fresco dinner party! This is my absolute go-to for a party beef dish. Like Ina says, it’s perfect every time. And she’s not lying. Anyone can make this and look like a pro!
Roasted Balsamic Beef Tenderloin
- 3 lb Filet of beef tenderloin
- 2 T dijon mustard
- 2 T good aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 t salt
- 1 T freshly cracked coarse pepper
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil
- Tie tenderloin with cooking string about 3-4 times to keep circumference same for even cooking
- Combine the mustard, vinegar, and salt in a small bowl. Spread the mixture on the filet and brush it evenly over the top and sides. Sprinkle the cracked pepper evenly all over the meat.
- Roast the filet for 30 minutes exactly for medium-rare (25 minutes for rare and 35 minutes for medium). Remove the pan from the oven, cover tightly with aluminum foil, and allow the beef to rest on the pan for 10 minutes. Slice and serve hot or warm.